Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Laundry Day VICTORY!

For the past few months I have been doing all of my laundry on one day, so now Tuesday is my LAUNDRY DAY! Before this I used to just wait until the laundry was piled up then I'd run several loads over a few days and eventually get it all put away. But having a specific day to do the laundry no matter how much there was to do felt much more organized.


At first, my laundry tasks would easily spill over into Wednesday. Then I decided that laundry really shouldn't take more than one day if I do it on the same day every week. So, then I began to make a focused effort to get the laundry all done by Tuesday night. By "done" I mean washed, dried, folded, and put away. So, for about a month and a half I have been trying to accomplish this goal, but it seemed like something always got in the way. Either there was a lot of laundry from the girls being sick (throw up/blow outs), or I would forget and not start doing laundry until mid day, or my schedule would fill up for the day and I would be gone a lot.


Anyway, I am proud to announce I finally got my victory yesterday. I
remembered to start first thing in the morning and I would try to immediately go change the loads whenever I heard the dryer buzz (instead of hearing it and thinking to myself that I would go do it right after whatever I was doing and that usually turned into a couple of hours). Also, no one is sick so there weren't that many clothes, and I didn't go anywhere yesterday. So, when I went to bed last night there were no clothes to be seen because they were all clean and put away. It felt great!

No comments: