Monday, December 22, 2008

Biggest Pumpkin Pie Supreme Ever!

So, a couple of weeks ago my mom and I made the biggest pan of pumpkin pie supreme that I have ever seen! It was two batches worth in one huge pan; we made it for a big family Christmas dinner.


The cool thing was we used one can of pumpkin and 3 1/2 cups of my homemade pumpkin puree and it tasted great! Since then I have also made pumpkin chocolate chip cookies with my puree which were also a hit...I'm glad that my pumpkin puree works.

Anyway, I thought I'd include the recipe on my blog again for anyone wanting to make it right now during the holidays:

PUMPKIN PIE SUPREME!

1 cup sugar

1 tsp. salt

2 tsp. cinnamon

1 tsp. nutmeg

½ tsp. ground cloves

4 eggs

3½ cup pumpkin (29 oz. can)

1 can evaporated milk

Topping: 1 pkg. yellow cake mix, 1 cube butter


Directions: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Whisk all ingredients together thoroughly. Pour into non-greased 9x13 inch pan. Cover with dry cake mix. Drizzle melted butter over the top of cake mix. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes, then at 350degrees for 45 minutes. Serve chilled with whip cream.

Notes: Lately I've been doing only a half of a package of cake mix as the topping and it isn't so rich. I now prefer it this way. Thanks for this tip Mom.


No comments: