Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Thanksgiving in August?

Yes, that's right...a couple of nights ago we had Thanksgiving dinner right in the middle of August.

We did it with Brad's family for FHE on Monday night and it was so much fun. We all contributed parts of the meal and I was in charge of pumpkin pie. Now, my family never really had traditional pumpkin pie for the holidays. We always had what my mom entitled PUMPKIN PIE SUPREME.

While I was making this on Monday the smell was driving me crazy it was so good. It was also made me want to sit down and watch a Christmas movie or something, even though it was 90 degrees outside.

I've had lots of requests for the recipe...so here it is:

Pumpkin Pie Supreme


1 cup sugar

1 tsp. salt

2 tsp. cinnamon

1 tsp. nutmeg

½ tsp. ground cloves

4 eggs

3½ cup pumpkin (29 oz. can)

1 can evaporated milk

Topping: 1 pkg. yellow cake mix, 1 cube butter


Directions: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Whisk all ingredients together thoroughly.

Pour into non-greased 9x13 inch pan. Cover with dry cake mix. Drizzle melted

butter over the top of cake mix. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes, then at 350

degrees for 45 minutes. Serve chilled with whip cream.



Lara also made an apricot pie with the apricot pie filling that she made during our apricot phase a couple of weeks ago and it was delicious...


No comments: